The Action Plan for Implementation of the UNSCR 1325 2010-2013, being the first in the region, was adopted in BiH on 27 July 2010 at the 129 session of the Council of Ministers of BiH and published in the Official Gazette of BiH, 92/10.
The Action Plan identifies eight goals:
- participation of women in politics;
- participation of women in the police and army;
- participation of women in peace missions and gender sensitive training;
- assistance to women civil victims of war;
- training of civil servants, and
- cooperation of institutions, international and non-governmental organizations.
The deadlines for implementation have been set as well as responsible institutions and implementation indicators.
A Coordination Body for Monitoring Enforcement of the Action Plan for the Implementation of the UNSCR 1325 in BiH has been established. The Action Plan has been translated into English language, printed and promoted in 2010 with participation of many representatives of competent institutions and media. The implementation of the UNSCR 1325 in BiH is recognized as one of the priorities for the competent institutions. To date, there were number of projects implemented in cooperation among institutions in BiH, NGOs and international organizations such as UNIFEM, OSCE, EUPM and others. The UNIFEM has supported the project of non-governmental organizations and institutions regarding implementation of the UNSCR 1325 at the local level. There are cooperation and joint activities with the NATO.